Kings Dominion Reopening Protocols
When Kings Dominion reopens, we want you to have an AMAZING day and feel safe when visiting, so we developed an extensive coronavirus reopening plan – new processes and enhanced procedures throughout the park to help reduce the spread of germs. We’re all in this together and by working together you can safely and confidently enjoy the thrills, giggles, and endless smiles that only Kings Dominion can deliver.
This page provides you with essential information for what you will need to do before you arrive at Kings Dominion, what you’ll see and experience when you arrive, and how to make the most of your visit—safely—when you get here.
Mobile App Required
Face Coverings Required
Use of Location Services
Before You Leave Home
Kings Dominion will open with limited capacity in the park so you can maintain proper social distancing from other guests. To ensure that happens, you will need to plan for your visit in advance. You must also provide information about the current health of family and friends coming with you to the park. Here are details about what to do, what to pack, and what you can expect.
You should be prepared to bring the following items with you to the park when we reopen:
Your Season Pass, mobile, or printed tickets.
A face covering is always required except while dining at a table or bench or when inside the RelaxZone. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape. All guests age 2 and older are required to wear a face covering.
Contactless payment method (other than cash) such as credit card, Apple Pay, and Android Pay.
A mobile phone with the Kings Dominion app downloaded and "Location Services" enabled. At least one person in your group must have this, but we recommend as many guests as possible have the app downloaded to their mobile device.
When You Arrive
Our reopening plan calls for new arrival processes to prepare everyone for a safe and successful day at the park. Here’s what you’ll see and experience when you arrive at Kings Dominion:
- As soon as you exit your vehicle, go ahead and put on your face covering and keep it on while at the park. A face covering is always required except while dining at a table or bench. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape. All guests age 2 and older are required to wear a face covering.
- Next, you’ll pass through a thermal screening tent where your temperature will be read. If anyone in your party has a temperature of 100.4°F / 38°C or higher, you will be directed to return home and reschedule your visit.
- At the gate, our Kings Dominion bag policy remains in place.
- At our touchless turnstiles, scan your Season Pass or single day ticket inside the mobile app and let the fun begin!
For everyone’s safety, all associates working in the park must complete a health assessment and temperature check each day before reporting to work as well. We’re all in this together!
When You're In the Park
You’re here and that means it’s time for AMAZING! To help you enjoy your day, here’s what you’ll see and experience inside the park.
Reminders and Protocols
The coronavirus has created a new way of life for everyone. Here are some reminders and protocols to keep in mind when you visit the park
- Wash your hands frequently. We have many hand sanitizer stations all through the park.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wear your face covering at all times. A face covering is always required except while dining at a table or bench or when inside the RelaxZone. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape. All guests age 2 and older are required to wear a face covering.
- Maintain 6’ social distance from other park guests and associates.
- Be in the know about all things Kings Dominion with our mobile app. You can find nearby hand sanitizer stations, restrooms, open dining locations, and available attractions and rides.
- Use contactless forms of payment, including credit cards, Apple Pay, and Android Pay.
- For the comfort of all guests, smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area, which is located just outside the park exit.
Everyone knows restrooms can be a source of germs, so we want you to know we are following strict guidelines to help you have a safe experience. We are:
- Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms frequently throughout the day.
- Deep cleaning restrooms at the end of each day.
- Monitoring traffic within restrooms to allow for social distancing.
Because we’re all in this together, please make sure to wash your hands after using the restroom.
Rides and Attractions
To maintain social distancing and avoid the spread of germs, here’s what you’ll see and experience at our rides and attractions:
- Some areas, rides, and attractions are not conducive for social distancing and are closed for now. See the mobile app for Kings Dominion's open attractions.
- Wait lines for open rides and attractions will be marked for social distancing.
- Seats, restraints, headrests, and armrests will be sanitized frequently
We know delicious, fun food is a special part of the Kings Dominioin experience and we’ve got you covered. Here’s what you’ll see and experience when enjoying our scrumptious food and beverages:
- Some tables have been removed for social distancing.
- Distancing is marked on the floor for wait lines.
- All disposable products, including pre-wrapped utensils.
- Plastic barriers between guests and associates.
- Contactless payments, including credit cards, Apple Pay, and Android Pay are encouraged.
Shops, Merchandise, and Games
- Social distancing must be maintained at all of our retail and game locations.
- It’s very important to continue wearing your face covering in these locations.
- Contactless payment is encouraged where possible.
- All of our indoor entertainment locations have been closed.