A Message from Tony Johnson, Vice President & General Manager of Kings Dominion
May 8, 2020 Update
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) matter remains a part of our daily lives, the team at Kings Dominion continues to work with health and safety experts as we plan for increased safety measures and operational changes throughout our park. We are in constant communication with our state and federal governments and are looking forward to welcoming you back just as soon as it is safe to do so. Although our reopen date is still uncertain, here are a few things we can share:
- We continue to update and enhance our park with a reimagined area in Soak City, Coconut Shores, which will feature an all-new multi-level aqua play structure, a mini wave pool for kids, and a new dining experience
- Our Run & Ride event will now take place virtually
- This year’s Memorial Weekend Salute is unfortunately cancelled but will return in 2021
- Grand Carnivale, our immersive evening parade and international street festival, will be postponed to 2021
As previously announced, we have extended the validity of all 2020 Season Passes and Season Pass Add-On Products through the 2021 season, plus we have paused Easy Pay billing while the park is closed*. Likewise, we will continue to work with guests who may have prepaid single-day tickets valid for days during our temporary park closure. Ticket inquiries may be directed to https://www.kingsdominion.com/help/contact-us.
The safety of our guests and associates has always been and will always be our top priority. We want to assure you that when we do open, Kings Dominion will continue to be a safe and fun environment for all. Our team is 100% committed to this promise. And we are working alongside industry experts and government officials toward this shared goal. We will keep you updated as we move forward; in the meantime, we thank you for your loyalty and continued support.
*2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass add-on products (if applicable) will be valid through the 2021 Season according to pass type. 2020 Pre-K Passes will be valid during 2020 only. For 2020 Season Passholders participating in our Easy Pay Program, monthly billing has been suspended, and will remain suspended while the park is closed. When the park reopens, billing will resume. Passholders will need to be current on payments to receive both 2020 and 2021 Season Pass admission and associated benefits.
General Frequently Asked Questions
May I get a refund on my park admission ticket?
If you purchased an admission ticket for a specific date that cannot be used while we are closed, we will reissue your admission ticket for another day of your choosing through November 1, 2020 (excludes special event admission tickets), or we will refund the specific day admission ticket amount. Unexpired tickets (Good Any Day) may be used on any one public operating day through December 31, 2020.
If you have a Group Sales specific day admission ticket that cannot be rescheduled, we will refund the specific day admission ticket amount.
The above policy also applies to specific day Fast Lane Pass purchases, as well as specific day non-admission purchases and any specific day VIP Experience purchases.
What are your cleanliness and sanitization standards and procedures?
Cedar Fair's highest priority is always the safety of our guests and associates. We continue to implement preventive measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our own health and hygiene protocols. All our parks and resorts have high standards of cleanliness, which assists with illness prevention. We employ rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures, including:
- Extensive and ongoing training for associates on maintaining a safe and hygienic workplace and environment for our guests;
- Specified intervals for frequent sanitization of targeted areas throughout the day;
- Numerous and accessible handwashing facilities and hand sanitizer locations;
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations;
- Daily and frequent sanitation procedures for restrooms, kitchens, dining surfaces, benches and trash cans;
- Daily and frequent cleaning and "wash down" of outdoor locations, including walkways and queue lines
The leadership team is communicating with our associates about illness prevention; this includes guidance issued by the CDC. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs. The CDC provides more detailed coronavirus information on its website at www.cdc.gov.
As always, we maintain close relationships with local, state, national and international public health authorities. We take their guidance when additional preventive measures are deemed necessary.
Season Pass Frequently Asked Questions
How does the closure impact my 2020 Season Pass and 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons (if applicable)?
2020 Season Passes and 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons (if applicable) Valid Through the 2021 Season
- 2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products (if applicable) will be valid for the remainder of 2020 when the park opens. Additionally, 2020 Silver, Gold and Platinum Season Passes (as well as purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products) will be extended through the 2021 Season, according to your pass type*.
Easy Pay Payments Paused
- For 2020 Season Passholders participating in our Easy Pay Program, monthly billing has been suspended as of April 8, 2020, and will remain suspended while the park is closed. When the park opens, billing will resume. Passholders will need to be current on attempted payments to receive both 2020 and 2021 Season Pass admission and associated benefits.
*2020 Pre-K Pass will be valid during 2020 only.
What do I need to do to get my season pass extended?
Your payments must be in good standing for the Season Pass to be extended through 2021.
No other action is required from you.
Do I qualify for the 2021 extension if I bought after 4/14/20?
Yes – all 2020 Season Passholders who are in good standing will have their Season Pass and Season Pass Add-ons (if applicable) extended into 2021, regardless of when the purchase was made.
What does “according to your pass type” mean?
- The benefits and entitlements will be the same in 2021 as they are in 2020. For example, if you have a 2020 Silver Pass, you will have a Silver Pass in 2021, and if you have a 2020 Gold Pass, you will have a Gold Pass in 2021.
- 2020 Platinum Passes will be valid at all Cedar Fair parks through the 2021 Season.
When does my Season Pass account need to be in good standing in order to qualify for the 2021 extension offer?
- All payments must be current by 12/31/20 in order for your pass to be extended through 2021.
- If billing continues into 2021, payments must continue to be current for all Season Passes and Season Pass Add-ons to remain active in 2021.
- Payments must also be current to use your pass for 2020 visits.
- If any attempted payment fails, all Season Passes and Season Pass Add-Ons on that order will be deactivated until the payment is made in the online Payment Portal.
When does my 2020 Season Pass Expire?
All 2020 Season Passes and purchased Season Pass Add-ons will be valid for the remainder of the 2020 season once the park opens, plus the entire 2021 Season. Except for 2020 Pre-K Passes which are only valid in 2020.
How can I upgrade my 2020 Season Pass?
Season Pass upgrades can be done at the park once it opens and while 2020 season passes are on sale. If a Season Pass is upgraded, the upgraded pass type will be extended into the 2021 season.
Can I still purchase 2020 Add-Ons?
Yes – you can purchase any 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons on the park’s website, and they will also be extended into the 2021 season as long as your account is in good standing.
What will happen if I signed up for the Auto-Renewal program online when I purchased my Season Pass?
The Season Pass Auto-Renewal program will not be in effect for the 2021 Season. Your 2020 Season Pass will not auto-renew to a 2021 Season Pass this September because your 2020 Season Pass and Add-Ons will be extended through the 2021 Season. No action is required of you at this time.
Is my 2020 Pre-K Pass being extended through 2021?
If you registered for a 2020 Pre-K Pass, it will be valid for the 2020 season, once the park opens. You can find more information on when and how to activate the Pre-K Pass here. 2021 Pre-K Passes will be available for online registration at a later date with the same requirements as for 2020.
If you purchased Season Pass Add-ons for your 2020 Pre-K Pass, the purchased Add-Ons will be extended through the 2021 season. Please stay tuned for more details on how this process will work.
If I purchase on the Easy Pay payment plan after 4/8/20, will my payments be suspended during the park closure?
Yes – you will pay the initial payment plus applicable taxes and fees at checkout and your future monthly payments will be suspended until the park opens.
When the park opens, will my Easy Pay payments continue monthly?
Once billing resumes, you will be billed the normal monthly amount for however many months remain to finish paying your full balance due.
Payments will continue to occur on the same date of the month as in previous months. You can log into the Payment Portal online with your order number and the email address you used during the initial purchase to confirm the upcoming payment dates and amounts.
As long as you remain current on attempted payments, your Season Pass and associated Season Pass Add-Ons will remain active.
If you’d prefer to make a single catch-up payment, you can log into the Payment Portal and select “Make a Payment” in the portal to pay all the payments that have been missed. Or, you can pay the full balance at any time.
Will I be notified when my Easy Pay payments start again and will they remain on the same date each month that they were previously?
We will notify you prior to resuming your payment plan via your email on file. In some cases, we may have more than one email address for you. To ensure you receive all notifications and payment confirmations, you may wish to confirm your email address on both your Payment Portal account and your park website login, if you have an existing park website account. If you don’t have a website login, you can create an account here.
Once payments resume, they will continue to occur on the same date of the month as in previous months. You can log into the Payment Portal online with your order number and the email address you used during the initial purchase to confirm the upcoming payment dates and amounts.
How do I make an Easy Pay payment before billing resumes?
If you’d like to resume monthly payments, please contact us with the request to remove the suspension from your account. Please include your name and the order number so we can process this request. Please allow 7-10 days for the request to be processed.
You can log into the Payment Portal online with your order number and the email address you used during the initial purchase. Select “Make a Payment” in the portal. You can pay the full balance at any time. Or to make your monthly payment, please log in on or after the date your payment would have normally processed.
While payments are suspended, making a payment in the portal won’t change that suspension. Your future payments will remain suspended, but you can visit the online portal in the future to make additional payments. After billing resumes, if you make a payment online but still have future payments remaining, they will bill on the same day of the month you are normally billed.