On the outskirts of Candy Apple Grove sits the remains of the once thriving Hanover Hill Orchard. No one can say exactly what happened that day back in 1950. What destroyed half of the harvest in a matter of seconds? What shook the ground, turned over tractors, shattered glass and nearly peeled the siding off the warehouse, all without warning...all without a cloud in the sky? Strictly “off limits” for decades, this land of local legend is finally open to the public! You are invited to experience Twisted Timbers, an exclusive tour of the now famed Hanover Hill Orchard. Take a ride through previously forbidden grounds where you’ll experience the unexplainable and see evidence preserved from that fateful day. Hold on tight because this is a tour with the twist. This is Twisted Timbers.
To provide increased ride capacity and shorten wait times, hats, bag, purses, and other loose articles may not be taken into the queue lines at Twisted Timbers. Unsecured articles must be left with a non-rider or placed in a locker located near the ride. Riders must go through metal detectors prior to boarding ride, and any loose articles identified must be secured prior to riding.
A Wooden Coaster with a Twist of Steel
Steel and wood combine forces to bring you our newest rollercoaster – Twisted Timbers. This hybrid coaster is the first of its kind in the mid-Atlantic and uses the latest technology to combine wood supports and steel track to give riders an experience that is impossible on a traditional wooden coaster.
Ready to Take a Bite?
Twisted Timbers sits at the edge of Candy Apple Grove and gives riders a one-of-a-kind experience. Plummet down a 109-foot-tall barrel roll drop, through two more inversions and soaring over 20 airtime hills at speeds of 54 miles per hour. Hold on tight, because this is a ride with a twist… this is Twisted Timbers.
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- Maximum 1 guest per seat
- May not accommodate guests of a larger size
- Guests with the following conditions are prohibited from riding:
- Recent surgery
- Heart trouble/High blood pressure
- Neck trouble
- Back trouble
- Any physical conditions that may be aggravated by this ride
- All restraint systems must be positioned and fastened properly
- Remain seated facing forward in an upright position and hold on until the ride comes to a complete stop
- Keep all parts of your body inside car at all times
- Finish food, drink, gum, and candies before boarding
- Riders must go through metal detector prior to boarding ride to identify any loose articles.
- Secure all items or leave them in a locker or with a non-rider. No photography.
- Glasses must be secured with an athletics strap
- This ride contains strobe lighting
- Alternate access via exit walkway leading to elevator- TRANSFERABLE