April 26, 2019
May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 2019
June 7, 2019
Curriculum aligns with Virginia Standards of Learning as well as National Science Standards.
Education at an amusement park? Of course! Everyone knows that Kings Dominion is the area’s leader in super-awesome fun, but did you know we also offer special school field trips dedicated to learning? Classroom lessons are taken to new heights in our action-packed Education Days, brought to eager learners in a partnership with MathScience Innovation Center of Richmond, one of Virginia's leading hands-on science centers. Our lively, interactive setting is the ultimate venue for a greater understanding of the basics of STEM.
Working with educators throughout the state, we have designed engaging educational programs with companion tools, including teacher-student workbooks, educator guides and pre-trip classroom activities – all made to align with Virginia courses of study as well as National Science Standards. Best of all, these resources are FREE!
New Programming from the MathScience Innovation Center includes:
- Four (4) interactive STEM based learning activities under the Eiffel Tower
- Downloadable Education Day workbooks for Elementary, Middle and High School levels
- Virtual Classroom sessions for troubleshooting Coaster Mania Contest questions
- Stop by our Chaperone Lounge open from 11:00AM -3:00PM in the Caprice Room!
School groups are challenged to construct a themed roller coaster to compete in our daily Coaster Mania Contest each programming date of Education Days. Overall winners will be awarded each day in three different categories (Elementary, Middle/ Junior High and High School).
Download Additional Resources
Prepare for the big day as a class with the appropriate grade-level workbook.
- Unless otherwise noted, all ticket orders (admission and meal) must be pre-paid fourteen (14) days prior to your visit to allow sufficient time to process your order. Orders received less than seven (7) days prior to your visit will be held at the Group Sales building, located at the front gate, for pick up. Season Pass holders do not count toward your group size.
- Admission tickets, meal tickets and bottomless soda wristbands are non-refundable. No rain checks are offered.
- Payment must be made via school check, money order (payable to “Kings Dominion”) or credit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover accepted). Unfortunately, personal checks or purchase orders are not accepted.
- All school checks will be processed through Telecheck for approval. If declined, another method of payment will be requested.
- Chaperones: one (1) chaperone admission ticket will be given for every fifteen (15) admission tickets purchased, unless otherwise noted. Complimentary chaperone tickets do not include picnic meal or bottomless soda wristbands.
- Parking: Bus parking is free. Bus drivers will receive a complimentary admission ticket when presenting their Commercial Driver's License (CDL) at the Group Sales building, located at the front gate (does not include picnic meal or bottomless soda wristbands).