Program InformationCurriculum aligns with Virginia Standards of Learning as well as National Science Standards.
Kings Dominion has partnered with the MathScience Innovation Center of Richmond, one of the leading hands-on science centers in Virginia, to bring classroom learning to life. Students will have the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of the basics of STEM education in a fun and interactive setting.
New Programming from the MathScience Innovation Center includes:
Coaster Mania ContestSchool groups are challenged to construct a themed roller coaster to compete in our daily Coaster Mania Contest each programming date of Education Days. Overall winners will be awarded each day in three different categories (Elementary, Middle/ Junior High and High School).
Register for the Coaster Mania Contest
Program Dates2016 PROGRAMMING DATES
April 29, May 6, 13, 20, 27 & June 3
2016 NON-PROGRAMMING DATESMay 31- June 2, June 6-10, June 13-17
There will be no STEM Learning VIllage or Coaster Mania Contest on these dates. Workbooks will be available online.
VIRTUAL CLASSROOM SESSIONS
Connect with an instructor from the MathScience Innovation Center via video conference at the times listed below. This is a great pre-activity to troubleshoot issues and receive feedback on your coaster before the final judging at the park!
March 7 1pm - 4:30pm
April 5 8:30am - 12pm
April 22 8:30am - 12pm
May 11 1pm - 4:30pm
$34.50 per person (ages 3 and older)
|2016 TICKET ORDER FORM|
Dinosaurs Alive! Add-On
- Transport back millions of years in Dinosaurs Alive!, a 6-acre animatronic dinosaur park that brings inspiration, science and technology together in a unique setting allowing guests to encounter 39 life-sized dinosaurs.
- Dinosaurs Alive! Teacher Resource workbook available upon request prior to arrival.
- Now Dinosaurs Alive! admission is only $2.00 with park admission
Middle School Workbook
High School Workbook
SOL Education Day Activity Descriptions
- Unless otherwise noted, all ticket orders (admission and meal) must be pre-paid fourteen (14) days prior to your visit to allow sufficient time to process your order. Orders received less than seven (7) days prior to your visit will be held at the Group Sales building, located at the front gate, for pick up. Season Pass holders do not count toward your group size.
- Admission tickets, meal tickets and bottomless soda wristbands are purchased seperately and are non-refundable. No rain checks are offered.
- Payment must be made via school check, money order (payable to “Kings Dominion”) or credit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover accepted). Unfortunately, personal checks or purchase orders are not accepted.
- All school checks will be processed through Telecheck for approval. If declined, another method of payment will be requested.
- Chaperones: one (1) chaperone admission ticket will be given for every fifteen (15) admission tickets purchased, unless otherwise noted. Complimentary chaperone tickets do not include picnic meal or bottomless soda wristbands.
- Parking: Bus parking is free. Bus drivers will receive a complimentary admission ticket when presenting their Commercial Driver's License (CDL) at the Group Sales building, located at the front gate (does not include picnic meal or bottomless soda wristbands).