New 40th Celebration Elements Coming in 2015
- Make sure to visit Kings Dominion during our 2nd Annual Spring Bloom Festival, April 3 through May 3. This event transforms International Street into a kaleidoscope of vibrant colors with thousands of blooms. Taste our unique spring foods and beverages, enjoy toe-tapping entertainment and participate in our hands-on activities. Don’t miss it!
- Kings Dominion makes a splash in 2015! Soak City arrives to celebrate our 40th Anniversary with a new mega slide complex, Hurricane Heights, and an all new family splash zone named Splash Island. In addition to the new attractions Soak City expansion will also feature expanded pool-side cabanas, upgraded bath houses and additional restrooms are also part of the water park expansion plans!
- The biggest birthday party ever! May 3rd is the date that Kings Dominion turns the big 4-0! Be sure to join us for a day-long, once in a lifetime party. This is one celebration you won’t want to miss.
- The Old Virginia section of the park – one of Kings Dominion’s original themed areas – gets some exciting updates including the return of the iconic Grizzly logo on the front of the ride’s trains and a renovation and refresh of the Country Kitchen with an all new menu at one of the park’s original and most popular restaurants. Finally, in May 2015, all new themed elements will debut in the iconic saw mill of the White Water Canyon!
- Pin trading continues in 2015 with many new and exciting pin designs inspired by the park’s historic attractions. Check out the 2015 pins here: 2015 Pin Trading
- Kings Dominion, A Complete History. This is one book you CAN judge by its cover. A must read for any fan of Kings Dominion this book retells the story of Kings Dominion’s 40 year history with highlights on attractions and rides past and present. Be sure to stop by Plaza Gifts at the park’s front gate to pick up your copy.
These exciting elements - added for our 40th Celebration in 2014 - will be back for 2015!”
- Singing Mushrooms are back by popular demand to kick off our 40th Celebration. A family favorite and park icon, these four colorful chums and the infamous frog croon their favorite barbershop tunes to our delight.
- We turned back the clock – literally! Our larger-than-life Floral Clock has been completely rebuilt and returns in to its original location at the end of Center Street near the historic park carousel. Be prepared for an incredible burst of vibrant color.
- Classic theme areas from the park’s early years: Safari Village with its collection of animal statuary and exciting coasters and Candy Apple Grove with thrills for the whole family among a grove of oversized candy apples!
- Experience Ruby, our newly rehabbed carousel horse, painted especially for our 40th Celebration and part of our historic carousel that’s been in operation since 1917 and at Kings Dominion since 1975. The installation of Ruby begins our multi-year restoration of all carousel horses.
- KD40 Walk of Memories is a special exhibit that takes us back through Kings Dominion’s rich history. Located around the base of the Eiffel Tower.
- Our infamous strolling Clown Band is back from the 80s with even more wacky shenanigans. Look for this crazy crew roaming throughout the park. Do you remember the original Clown Band? Share your stories and photos on social media using the hashtag #KD40.
- Collect Retro Merchandise to commemorate your visit to the 40th Celebration at Kings Dominion. 40th Celebration Merchandise available in Starlight Gifts.
- KD40 Pin Trading Program. Select pins from the 2014 collection are still available. Quantities are limited so be sure to get your before they’re gone. Get your pins at Plaza Gifts located at the park’s front gate. Then be sure to come back to the park to trade for additional pins to be released during the 2015 season.
- The park’s classic Blue Ice Cream is back along with many iconic eateries including the Dinner Bell and Hungry Hippo and exciting new dining options: Fountain & Floats, where you can find floats, malts, hand dipped ice cream and flavored sodas; and Panino e Dolce featuring fresh made sandwiches, cakes and pastries.