Looking for something to do with the kids at home? Missing the fun and thrills of Kings Dominion? Here’s a list of ways to have amusement park FUN with kids while you’re at home. Be sure to share all of your moments and creations with us on social media (because we miss you, too)!
Enjoy a Roller Coaster Ride Inside
Take a ride on one of the park’s world-class roller coasters from the comfort of your own home. We have several roller coaster Point of View (POV) videos on our YouTube channel. Play them on YouTube’s TV app with some fun additions.
Rotating chairs, laundry baskets or fans always add more to the experience!
Map Out the FUN
We are always thinking of ways to entertain our guests. Now it’s your turn! Design your own park map. Draw or paint your dreams on paper. Need help planning your park? Ask yourself these questions.
- What is the theme or setting of your park? Is it high up in the mountains, deep down in the ocean, in the bustling Wild West or deep within a mysterious forest? Use your imagination to take you wherever want to go.
- What rides will your park have? High-speed roller coasters? Water rides that are a splashing good time? Adventurous dark rides?
- Does it have a water park?
- What delicious food or treats will you have at your restaurants?
- What kind of entertainment will you have? Are there fun characters to meet in this park? Do you have high energy shows or music? Will there be a fireworks spectacular to end the night? How about a parade?
- How do people get there? By car, train, boat, airplane cable car or spaceship? What other AMAZING ways could people get to your park?
- Is it a park that’s open for all seasons of FUN? Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter?
Create Your Own Amusement Park or Ride
Now that you have lots of ideas, it is time to get hands on! Bust out the LEGO, building blocks, K’NEX, Magna-tiles or whatever materials you have on hand. Flatten some large cardboard and draw pathways for guests in between their imaginative rides. Here are some ideas for other things you can use to construct your park:
- Marbles for the coaster cars
- Cardboard rolls
- Pipe cleaners
- Popsicle sticks
- Painters or masking tape
- Plastic/paper cups, recycled containers
- Paper plates
- Marshmallows and toothpicks
- Tissue boxes
- Tin foil
Looking for more inspiration? Here is a list of Kings Dominion attractions to give you a head start.
Looking for more activities? We have Kings Dominion coloring pages and activity sheets!
Click to download our printable coloring & activity sheets.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD WORD SEARCH CHALLENGES
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD PEANUTS-INSPIRED COLORING PAGES
And, be sure to share all of your amazing creations and fan art with us on social media by tagging us @KingsDominionVA and using #KingsDominionVA We want to see what you come up with and we might share them on an upcoming blog or on our social channels!