This weekend holds a special place in the hearts of many. The park will celebrate its 45th anniversary this Sunday, May 3 commemorating the park’s official grand opening in 1975. (Trivia fun-fact, the park had a soft opening in 1974 with Lion Country Safari and one ride open!) To celebrate, we’re dedicating a special throwback Foodie Friday to the famous Blue Ice cream.
Now, not everyone has a soft-serve machine in their homes (Kudos if you do!). So, we’re giving a little twist so you can enjoy this fan favorite right at home. All you’ll need is the ingredients and a blender (party hats and balloons for celebrating optional.)
- Vanilla ice cream
- blue food coloring
- (optional)1 teaspoon Raspberry Extract
- (optional)1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
OR - if you can't find the extracts:
- (optional) 1 single-serving packet or 2-3 tablespoons of blue raspberry lemonade drink mix powder
- Add ice cream and milk to blender. For one serving, 3 scoops of ice cream with ¾ cup of milk (add less milk for a thicker milkshake).
- Add blue food coloring to the desired color. (I started with 10 drops for a single serving.)
- Add extract or drink powder to blender and mix until smooth.
- (Optional) Add whipped topping and garnish with a crumbled waffle cone.
- Enjoy your trip back in time!