The holiday season is upon us! With holiday meals approaching and perhaps a smaller number of family and friends surrounding the table, leftovers are on the mind. We can’t wait for you to sample the delicious flavors of the holidays at Taste of the Season, so we’ve gathered some simple recipes for home that can give you a TASTE of "Taste of the Season" using your at-home leftovers!
Holiday Dinner Egg Rolls
6 Eggroll wrappers
- 1 c. leftover turkey, shredded
- 1 c. leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 c. Leftover cranberries
- 1 c. leftover stuffing
- Vegetable oil
- 1/3 c. Leftover gravy, for dipping
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and spread a thin layer of cranberries. Next add a couple tablespoons of mashed potatoes, then stuffing, and then turkey. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple drops of water. Repeat with remaining leftovers.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil (it should reach 1" up the side of pan) until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly.
- Serve with heated gravy.
Wintertime Turkey Stew
In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium high heat. Add onion and celery and season with a pinch of salt. Sauté for about 2 minutes, then stir in the flour and cook for one minute. Pour in the broth, half and half, potatoes, sage, thyme, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cover. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the carrots and simmer for 7 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Stir in the turkey and remove from heat. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a bread bowl if you’re feeling extra fancy.
Merry Berry Turkey Sandwich
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 2 Pretzel bun
- Butter to Toast the bun
- 6 thin slices Leftover roasted turkey
- 2 tablespoons Cranberry Mayonnaise (recipe below!)
- Toast bun on the griddle with butter, place three slices on each bun. Apply the desired amount of mayo.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. leftover cranberry sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container.
Be sure to share your creations with us by tagging us on social media and using #KingsDominionVA!