April 26 & May 10, 2019
Admission $36 per person
We see the cars flying on the tracks, zipping around hairpin curves and inverting guests at mind-boggling speeds. We feel the wind in our hair and lumps in our stomachs when we plunge down a dizzying freefall. We know the effects of Kings Dominion's epic thrill rides, but really, how do roller coasters work? What kind of science, math and mega-extreme logistics go into world-class thrill rides? Come to Engineering Day, an interactive event dedicated to engineering for students, so they can get up close and personal with science on a grand scale (and we mean GRAND, as in Intimidator 305-style humongous). Students will learn from industry professionals how Kings Dominion uses technology and human tendencies to build a park suitable for thousands of guests each day.
Afterwards, students will experience this engineering firsthand with a great day at the park. Combine that with a catered meal and you’ve engineering a full day of success!
*Please note, in order to guarantee your space on the behind the scenes tour of the Intimidator 305, ticket order forms with full payment are due at least two weeks prior to your arrival date.
- Unless otherwise noted, all ticket orders (admission and meal) must be pre-paid fourteen (14) days prior to your visit to allow sufficient time to process your order. Orders received less than seven (7) days prior to your visit will be held at the Group Sales building, located at the front gate, for pick up. Season Pass holders do not count toward your group size.
- Admission tickets, meal tickets and bottomless soda wristbands are non-refundable. No rain checks are offered.
- Payment must be made via school check, money order (payable to “Kings Dominion”) or credit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover accepted). Unfortunately, personal checks or purchase orders are not accepted.
- All school checks will be processed through Telecheck for approval. If declined, another method of payment will be requested.
- Chaperones: one (1) chaperone admission ticket will be given for every fifteen (15) admission tickets purchased, unless otherwise noted. Complimentary chaperone tickets do not include picnic meal or bottomless soda wristbands.
- Parking: Bus parking is free. Bus drivers will receive a complimentary admission ticket when presenting their Commercial Driver's License (CDL) at the Group Sales building, located at the front gate (does not include picnic meal or bottomless soda wristbands).