Print & GoSave Time and Money! Buy and print your tickets at home. Buy Now
The Best Day Ever for: Pokemon Trainers« Go Back Thursday, July 21st, 2016
Kings Dominion is the perfect destination for any want-to-be Pokémon Masters. Whether you are starting out at level one, or working your way through your twenties, Kings Dominion has everything you need on your journey to catch ‘em all.
The Ground Rules
The most important thing to remember during your Pokémon Adventure at Kings Dominion is to be safe and follow the rules. Trust us, that 12th Pidgey is not worth you getting hurt or thrown out of the park.
- NEVER enter any restricted areas for any reason. Some of our Pokéstops or Gyms may be in areas that are difficult to reach. If you are unable to find a way to reach one without entering a restricted area, just move on. I promise if you spend even a couple hours visiting Pokéstops, your bag will be too full to carry all the sweet Pokéballs and potions.
- Stay alert! Just because you just went from three to two footsteps on that Bulbasaur doesn’t give you an excuse to forget where you are. Lookout for other guests or hazards while you play.
- No catching Pokémon on rides! There’s no way we could strap a Bellsprout into the harnesses on Intimidator anyways. Enjoy your ride, and leave your phone and cameras safe in a bag, with a non-rider or in a closeable pocket.
Before You Get Here
In order to have the Perfect day of Pokémon hunting, you need to prepare. Take these steps at home to ensure you’re ready when you get to the park.
- Charge Up! If you’ve played Pokémon Go at all I’m sure you’ve noticed it drains your phone battery very quickly. While there is a battery-saving mode in your options, the best solution will usually be to bring an external battery.
- Make sure your app is up to date. Pokémon Go is a new game, so the developers, Niantic, will likely update it frequently to patch any bugs they may find.
- If you’ve got any eggs from Pokéstops, start incubating them. You’ll be walking all day so why not hatch those eggs while you’re at it!
- Consider buying some Pokécoins. These are the in-game currency that can be used to purchase some items that can help you on your hunt. I would definitely recommend a bag upgrade, you’ll most likely need it to hold all the items you’ll get here.
At the Park
You’ve done your preparations and now you’re here. Time to get going. You’ve got nearly 400 acres of Pokéstops and gyms waiting.
- If you’ve got any lucky eggs stashed, now would be a great time to use them. These will double any XP you receive for 30 minutes.
- Visit as many of our 57 Pokéstops as possible. Each one will give you items as well as 50 XP. Also be on the lookout for any Pokéstops with a lure on them. There’s usually a few scattered throughout the park.
- Take pictures! Part of the fun of finding Pokémon is getting pictures of them in unique places. If you get any awesome pictures at the park be sure to share them on social media with the hashtag #KDPokemon! (You may even get a RT, wink wink.)
- Consider Turning off your AR when you aren’t trying to get a good picture while catching Pokémon. This will extend your battery life as well as make it easier to catch any Pokémon you come across.
We’ve got four Gyms located in the park. Control over these changes several times throughout the day, so be sure to bring some heavy hitters if you want to last!
This Gym is the closest to the entrance, so if you are eager to conquer some territory for your team, this would be a great first stop.
This Gym can be a little tricky to reach. The best place to access it is on the wooden pathway leading to the gift shop, even if it is infested with Rattatas.
There’s plenty of seating around this Gym, so you can camp out for a while to fight off any would-be usurpers.
This Gym is located in Dinosaurs Alive, which means there is a fee to access it (unless you have a season pass, hint hint.) This means less people will be attacking it throughout the day. There are also 8 Pokéstops back there as well.
Whether you are here to wrest control of all four Gyms or catch as many Pokémon as possible, one thing is for sure: Kings Dominion is here to help you be the very best. Like no one ever was.