Print & GoSave Time and Money! Buy and print your tickets at home. Buy Now
Kings Dominion Debuts Expanded, Multi-Million Dollar Planet SnoopyThursday, March 28th, 2013
DOSWELL, VA (March 28, 2013) – Family-fun and thrills reach new heights, as Kings Dominion announces the opening of Planet Snoopy, the largest PEANUTS-themed children’s area in the world, on March 29. Planet Snoopy boasts eight new rides (18 total rides) based on the world-wide sensation of Charles Schulz’s PEANUTSTM characters. In all, the bigger, better Planet Snoopy spans nearly 14-acres.
The eight new family rides in Planet Snoopy include:
• Charlie Brown’s Wind Up: Hop on with Charlie Brown and swing through the air on Charlie Brown’s Wind Up;
• Flying Ace Balloon Race: Up, up and away! Soar high into the sky in a hot air balloon that climbs 37 feet into the air;
• Linus Launcher: Let’s go! Tilt up, let your feet dangle and feel as if you are flying through thin air on Linus Launcher;
• Lucy’s Tugboat: Come aboard and set sail on the high seas with Lucy and your family by your side on Lucy’s Tugboat;
• Snoopy’s Junction: All aboard the only PEANUTSTM-themed railroad at Kings Dominion, as Woodstock and Snoopy lead the way on Snoopy’s Junction;
• Snoopy’s Rocket Express: Blast off with this rocket-themed monorail that gives your entire family an aerial view of Snoopy’s playhouse;
• Snoopy’s Space Buggies: Defy gravity and bounce your way to the moon on Snoopy’s Space Buggies;
• Woodstock Whirlybirds: Take the kids for a spin around on the classic teacups with a Woodstock twist.
In addition to the new family rides, Planet Snoopy will also feature:
• Three new live shows, including a high-energy BMX-bike show with bikers and skaters who were semifinalists on Season 7 of NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” starting June 22. The new entertainment in Planet Snoopy is part of a major entertainment expansion, including 7 new shows (10 total) at Kings Dominion.
• An 1,100 square-foot Family Care Center with reading time, changing rooms, feeding rooms, nap areas and more;
• The Kings Dominion Marketplace with healthy food options, including fruits, cheese, vegetables, salads and healthy drink options;
• “Planet Snoopy Family FUNtastic Guide”: a first-of-its-kind education guide containing lessons geared toward family interaction before, during and after a visit to Planet Snoopy. Parents can pick up one at the Family Care Center in Planet Snoopy.
“The new, world-class Planet Snoopy along with our enhanced live show line-up at Kings Dominion, demonstrates our commitment toward providing a day for families to spend together and create new memories,” said Kings Dominion’s Vice President and General Manager Pat Jones. “We are determined to make Planet Snoopy at Kings Dominion the best children’s area it can be.”
Kings Dominion opens on Friday, March 29 for its 39th season of operation. Guests can find the best deal on season passes and daily tickets, along with park hours at www.kingsdominion.com.
Kings Dominion is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FUN.” In addition to Kings Dominion, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, four water parks, one indoor water park, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in California under a management contract.
# # #
« Back to News