Print & GoSave Time and Money! Buy and print your tickets at home. Buy Now
Kings Dominion Announces Eight New Rides in the Bigger, Better Planet SnoopyTuesday, December 18th, 2012
DOSWELL, VA (December 18, 2012) -- Eight new rides await families at Kings Dominion when the bigger, better Planet Snoopy opens in the spring of 2013. Combined with the re-themed rides, Kings Dominion’s Planet Snoopy with boast 18 total rides and will span nearly 14-acres, doubling its current size. All of new and re-themed rides, based on one of the most believed comic strip characters, are designed for families to experience together.
The list of the eight new rides include:
• Snoopy’s Rocket Express: An aerial monorail that gives families a view high above Planet Snoopy.
• Flying Ace Balloon Race: Hot air balloons that lift up 15 feet into the air, as you spin around. Each balloon represents a different country throughout the world.
• Linus Launcher: This ride will give families a sense as if they are flying around together in Planet Snoopy.
• Charlie Brown’s Wind Up: Families will hop in and swing around on this baseball-themed ride.
• Snoopy’s Junction: It’s all aboard a Snoopy-themed railway, with Woodstock leading the way.
• Lucy’s Tugboat: Come on board a rocking tugboat, as guests set sail with the entire family by their side.
• Snoopy’s Space Buggies: Defy gravity, as families hop into moon buggies that bounce up and down and rotate in a circle.
• Woodstock Whirlybirds: Spin around in the classic teacups, with a new Woodstock-themed twist.
The list of the 10 additional rides include:
• Lucy’s Crabbie Cabbie (formerly Boulder Bumpers)
• Great Pumpkin Coaster (formerly Taxi Jam)
• Woodstock Express (formerly Ghoster Coaster)
• Snoopy vs. Red Baron (formerly Red Baron)
• PEANUTS-TM Turnpike (formerly Junior Turnpike)
• PEANUTS-TM Road Rally (formerly Road Rally)
• Boo Blasters on Boo Hill
• Joe Cool’s Driving School
• Flying Ace
• Snoopy’s Moon Bounce
Currently, Kings Dominion is searching for its first-ever Planet Snoopy KidCaster roving junior reporter. The amusement park is looking for someone between the age of 6 and 10 to watch Planet Snoopy transform into the world’s largest PEANUTS-TM-themed children’s area. The Planet Snoopy KidCaster will be featured on Kings Dominion’s YouTube Channel, Facebook and Twitter pages and more.
Interested children and their families can apply online at www.kingsdominion.com through Monday, January 7, 2013. A winner will be selected by Monday, January 14, 2013. The Planet Snoopy KidCaster will come to the park once a month between January and April, 2013. No purchase necessary. Full sweepstakes rules can be found on www.kingsdominion.com.
Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: “FUN”) is a publicly traded partnership headquartered in Sandusky, Ohio. The Company, which owns and operates 11 amusement parks, four outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and five hotels, is one of the largest regional amusement park operators in the world. Its parks are located in Ohio, California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan, and Toronto, Ontario. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in California under a management contract. Cedar Fair’s flagship park, Cedar Point, has been consistently voted the “Best Amusement Park in the World” in a prestigious annual poll conducted by Amusement Today newspaper.
# # #
« Back to News